Sunday, November 4, 2012

Owl Moon






Title: Owl Moon 


Author: Jane Yolen has written many children stories. Before she became a writer she was a teacher of literacy and writing. Jane has written many other stories including How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight, and The Devils Arithmetic. 

Genre: Fiction 

Grades: K-2

Subject Area: Science  

Summary: The story is about a father who takes his daughter owling for the first time on a cold winter night. They walk from there house to the edge of the woods then they continue through the woods. The little girls father tries to call the owl. Finally the owl call works and they see an owl face to face. 

Pre Reading Activity: I will ask the class if anyone knows what cause and effect is? From there I will explain what cause and effect is. I will give examples of cause and effect. Then the class will do a cause and effect work sheet. It will give them a cause and they will have to say the effect and then say the effect and they will have to give me the cause. 

Post Reading Activity: I will ask the class if anyone knows what cause and effect is? From there I will explain what cause and effect is. I will give examples of cause and effect. Then the class will do a cause and effect work sheet. It will give them a cause and they will have to say the effect and then say the effect and they will have to give me the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment